Who isn't looking to find ways to make more money? Spending less to save more is easier said than done, which is why we came up with 5 lifestyle changes you can make to save more money.
- Your health is your wealth. Stop smoking cigarettes and put the money saved into an investment account – a double bonus, your wealth improves and your health improves!
- Instead of going to Starbucks twice a week, go once per week and put the $5 saved each week into a savings account. After 52 weeks you will have saved $260 in your savings account just by cutting out one cup of coffee per week.
- Shop around for your home and auto insurance. You may be surprised at how much you may save – just be sure to maintain adequate insurance coverage.
- You have all heard how cutting the cable can save you over $100 per month or more. Be sure to take the savings each month and place into a savings or investment account.
- Invite friends or family over for a dinner party instead of going out to eat at a restaurant. Save a bundle on food costs and have an enjoyable evening!
What else can you find in your every day life to easily cut back and save? Let us know.
Gary Popkes, CFP®
Senior Vice President
Wealth Management & Trust